Monday, December 6, 2010

Torsion Axles - Out With The Old, In With The New

I recently discovered that after 31 years of faithful service, our axles are shot and need replacing. In addition, I've pulled up some sub flooring to inspect the frame and found it's pretty rusty in most places. I'll use a grinder with wire brush and probably rent a sand blaster to clean it up, then prep and paint it After, new plywood sub flooring. Yikes, so this is ending up being a complete 'from the ground up' restoration which we didn't anticipate when we first bought her. On the bright side, when finished, we'll virtually have a brand new Airstream! And as Jennifer puts it, I'll be very intimate with Casita which I like because now I will know her inside and out and when any future repairs come up, I'll know exactly where to look, what to do and will have the tools to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment